This week (15th-21st October) is both World Wool Week, and National Knitting Week. As a fanatical knitter myself, I’m all for anything that encourages others to knit and use wool in any way (I’m still trying to master crochet, but I think I’m going to put it on my 31 Before 31 list!).
Hopefully tomorrow I’ll share with you some of my latest knitting projects. For today, I have put together a wishlist of some of the nicest woollen creations out there!
This first bunch of lovely knits are some of the creations of The Campaign for Wool’s 2012 Wool School. Fashion, textile and design students competed to see their design sold in particular stores. These four are my favourites (numbers two and four are obviously men’s, but I love them!).
1. Knitted Sheep Thrills Jumper by Henrietta Jerram ~ Topshop ~ £48
2. Hackett British Isles Wool Week 2012 Cardigan by Eleanor Cox ~ Hackett ~ £195
3. Reindeer Jumper by Tegan Kersey ~ Harvey Nichols (not yet available online)
4. Argyle Jumper by Julia Mclean ~ Pringle of Scotland ~ Available in South Molton store
1. Gold Studded Owl Jumper ~ Dorothy Perkins ~ £35
2. Embellished Shoulders Sweater ~ Mango ~ £39.99
3. Grey Skull Print Oversized Sweater ~ New Look ~ £22.99
4. Louche Dot Knit Jumper ~ Joy ~ £42