Just a quick reminder that My Thoughts On… posts may contain spoilers, so if you haven’t seen the film in question, it may be best to move on!
Brian O’Conner and childhood friend Roman Pearce are re-united by the FBI to bring down a Miami drug exporter in exchange for clear records. (via IMDb)
What I Liked
- Somehow I managed to prefer this one to the first film. I don’t know why; it seems to be universally considered to be worse than The Fast and the Furious. I guess I probably just preferred the storyline in this one, because there actually was one.
- I liked Suki, and assumed that because I had actually connected the actress (Devon Aoki) with this film, that she had a main role. But she didn’t, she was barely in it, which was a shame.
- I enjoyed the scene where all of the street racers came out of the huge building to confuse the police.
What I Didn’t Like
- Surprisingly, Paul Walker still can’t act. He didn’t undergo any major transformation in the two years between the two films, and his acting is still painful to watch.
- Likewise, I didn’t particularly enjoy Tyrese Gibson’s performance. With these two carrying the film, it’s little wonder that I enjoyed it at all.
- I don’t like Eva Mendes very much. I’m not sure what it is about her, but I don’t find her a particularly warm actress, and I don’t enjoy watching her in the same way that I do many other actresses.
- It annoyed me that Suki’s car was pink, because she was a girl.
- I didn’t enjoy the song that played over the credits. I assumed it was called 2 Fast 2 Furious, because they are the only lyrics I can remember, but I appear to be mistaken. Anyway, my hatred of it probably comes from the fact that Hannah wouldn’t stop singing it.
Weirdly, for a film that I claim to have enjoyed more than the first one, there was an awful lot I didn’t like about it. If I had written this blog post in a more timely fashion, I may have been able to find more things to put in the like column, but I didn’t, and now it’s tough to distinguish the positive characteristics from the negative ones. There’s one more Fast and Furious review to come for now, as I have only watched three films so far.